Sunday 21 November 2010

Let's go!

Well, the day of departure has arrived.

The rucksack is packed and I've practised putting it on and trying to walk around without falling over backwards. It's definitely heavier than when I went backpacking ten years ago, but I think I've become higher-maintenance in the intervening years.

I won't pretend that I'm not feeling a bit apprehensive. But to back out now would look a little silly to all the people that I've told that I'm going. And besides, I'm hoping that all the stories from this trip will secure me dinner party invitations for at least the next two years.

So, let the adventure begin..

1 comment:

  1. Totsiens! So looking forward to ALL those photos and stories. Good luck, have a blast, and remember what I told you about those hunky bush rangers?? Jxx

    ReplyDelete